Sunday, January 27, 2013

Photography blog

This week, I learned a lot about photography. In the three articles that I read, they all reflected distinct but useful elements that would make a great photographs compelling to the eyes. I guess that I may have known what would be appealing to me in a photography but putting words and terminology to it makes my appreciation for photography grow even more.

In terms of imaginative bridge, photography is definitely underused in student affairs. Student affairs professional do interact with students on a daily basis but have to think about different ways of keeping them engaged or encouraging them to use the available resources. Eisner talks about the forms of aesthetic and I believe that photography can be a great tool in encouraging students to use the resources. For instance, while working in the International Center at Michigan State University, I could start a photography contest between students who study abroad. There will be guidelines such as what elements make a good photograph in order to direct them in the right path in creating a compelling picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment